Thinkpad w520. quad core and also 4 DIMM slots. You can configure the WWAN, etc at lenovo's website. Sign up for their shareholder purchase program and get a bit more of a discount. You can use an ultrabay adapter to replace DVD drive with a hard drive.

Bill

Mark Smith wrote:
Hi All,
I need to purchase a laptop to run a virtualized test environment on. So it will need a CPU that supports VT of course. I'm thinking quad core would be best to handle the VM load. I'd like to have the option of running an SSD for the primary drive and a large SATA drive for storage. I'm having a hard time finding which laptops support 2 hard drives. It would be nice if it had mobile broadband (WWAN) support, so I could just pop a SIM card in it - I keep breaking my dongle ;) but I doubt I'll find a high powered laptop with that option.
Any recommendations, opinions would be great.
Thanks,
Mark

To manage subscriptions click here: http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/ or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com <mailto:listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com>