From: Jeff Bunting [mailto:bunting.j...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 9:18 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Fake AV site

more so to crop the password toolbar and other tabs I had open (no, there
was nothin' naughty, I promise!).

The domain name is visible on the file download warning;  page was index.php
with a long string of characters as a parameter to it.  I didn't go back to
see if  the parameter was necessary to launch that particular page; maybe
this weekend in a VM if I'm bored.   I have the URL and page source
(obfuscated javascript) saved.

On a related note, does anyone know how to search within the Temporary
Internet Files on Win7?  I'm curious as to where this site came from; I
think it may have been an errant click on an advertisement.  I was going to
try a findstr on the directory, but its all hidden and virtualized now; what
you see in explorer is not what you see on the command line.   Of course,  I
may not find a thing if it was a redirect from an ad site, but thought it
worth knowing how to do anyway.