From: James Rankin [mailto:kz2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 10:31 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Fake antivirus

May be time to invest in some UAT (user awareness training). Continual
re-infestation either means he is unlucky, or gung-ho in his browsing.

I've had some fake AVs recently which were ridiculously easy to get rid of
(kill process, delete files, remove autorun entry). Others have been more
stealthy - such as killing targeted windows like Task Manager. Booting into
safe mode usually prevents these extra "features" from bothering you.

But as with everything - a reimage may be the only way to be sure.