They mainly block windows by using the title of the window to decide what to
kill

Just open the window on a separate desktop (
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc817881) or just boot to
safe mode.

Occasionally they will use the relevant group policy registry keys to block,
but the window killing variants are more common, so they must have this
functionality baked into a toolkit somewhere.

On 3 June 2011 15:42, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:

> Yeah...but don't you have to know how far back to restore to??? :D Plus,
> there's the whole problem of *getting* to System Restore...a lot of these
> fake antivirus apps will block most of your system tools. For example, I
> know this one won't let you add/remove programs. You can open add/remove
> programs (according to the user) but it won't let you *do* anything,
> because
> it doesn't display anything.

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

*IMPORTANT: The information in this email is CONFIDENTIAL. If its contents
are disclosed in any way my lawyers will swoop down from black helicopters
like Seal Team Six and drag you away with a black bag over your head. They
will then take you to a secret prison and make you fight to the death with
other people who dared to share this email. You will be given a large bowie
knife and a supply of methamphetamines while I watch the said deathmatch and
wager vast sums of money on who will be the winner. If the fight becomes
boring or there is a stalemate, I will release rabid dogs and my two-stone
cat into the arena to liven things up a bit. If these animals become in any
way docile, I will squirt them with water pistols until they become a bit
more temperamental.*