From: jesse-r...@wi.rr.com [mailto:jesse-r...@wi.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, June 06, 2011 4:36 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: 'All Programs' icons missing

A week or so ago, we had 2 users suddenly lose their icons to programs
located under Start->All Programs.  These are WinXP machine, local
profiles.  The subdirectories are all there and visible (Games,
Accessories, UltraVNC, and all the others), but the shortlink links to the
actual programs are ALL gone.

Their desktop icons have not been effected by this.

I know I can probably blow away their profile and re-create to get icons
back but... any idea what might have happened and how to get them back?
Short of replacing their profile?

JR

myhosting.com - Premium MicrosoftR WindowsR and Linux web and application