From: Joseph Heaton [mailto:jhea...@dfg.ca.gov]
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:11 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Cyberattack of the day...

Please tell me this is a sarcastic post...

>>> John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> 06/23/11 9:51 AM >>>
I'm pretty sure that Verisign and the browser folks have done a very good
job indoctrinating us with the "fact" that an SSL-encrypted website is
"secure." Matter of fact, I think Verisign's marketing info uses the phrase
"secure your website." So, if everyone from Microsoft to "security experts"
and banks, etc are all saying "secure" why wouldn't people, including people
in IT, believe that SSL==secure?