>From what I read, nothing.  They're complementary products.  One thought
was that TMG would be rolled up into UAG, another was that TMG would
move to the "cloud", and undergo another name change.

>>> Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com> 06/28/11 10:57 AM >>>
So, I have to wonder: what impact might that have on UAG?

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 09:59, Joseph Heaton <jhea...@dfg.ca.gov> wrote:
> Ok, so I've been doing a little more digging on this (for anyone using
> TMG and are concerned about this):
>
> In a Gartner report the following text was included:
>
> “Microsoft has informed Gartner that it does not plan to ship another
> full version release of its SWG product, the Forefront Threat
Management
> Gateway (TMG). The product is effectively in sustaining mode, with
> Microsoft continuing to ship Service Pack (SP) updates; the next one,
> SP2, is planned for 3Q11. Microsoft will also continue to support TMG
> for the standard support life cycle — five years of mainstream support
> and five years of extended support. In the SWG category, TMG will
become
> less competitive over time, since Microsoft’s goal is not to compete
> head-to-head with other vendors in that space. We believe that
Microsoft

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/the-demise-of-threat-management-gateway-is-microsoft-backing-away-from-the-edge/4387