I guess I'm lucky here...

Shattered upper arm and completely severed rotator cuff got me three
screws holding my arm on.  The 4 days of percocet did nothing for me.  The
60-day supply of vicodin had me feeling so totally crappy I decided pain
was the better alternative.

Again, I have no idea just how really lucky I am that those things didn't
hook me!
--
richard

James Kerr <cluster...@gmail.com> wrote on 06/30/2011 01:40:04 PM:

> I was taking a drug for about 6 months that had a tranquilizer in it
> for about 6 months. One day I just stopped taking it because what I
> thought was wrong wasn't what was wrong. Oh man, I had a crappy 3
> days of no sleep, and sweating and I didn't even realize until
> afterwards that it was because I stopped taking them, I just thought
> I was coming down with something. Now I'm on the same thing again
> and I hurt myself at work and took a drug test which apparently I
> passed? I did mention to HR that my test would be positive but I
> took the test and never heard from anyone.

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Roger Wright <rhw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This young man has my sympathy.
>
> My mom had double knee replacement surgery 8 weeks ago.  The hardest
> part of her recovery has been getting off Percocet.    Her
> withdrawal symptom (chills, sweats, crying, irritability) continue
> periodically even after being off for 10 days.  Fortunately, the
> paid has subsided enough for ibuprofen to make it manageable.
>

> Roger Wright
> ___
>
> "Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil." - J. Paul
Getty