Couldn't find original post, sorry.

OP: what os? 2008 r2 has resource monitor which lets you check this easily.

-Anders

Sent from my iPhone

On 13 jul 2011, at 08:55, Brian Desmond <br...@briandesmond.com> wrote:

 *Process Explorer has network columns you can add I think*

* *

*Thanks,*

*Brian Desmond*

*br...@briandesmond.com*

* *

*w – 312.625.1438 | c   – 312.731.3132*

* *

*From:* Oliver Marshall [mailto:oliver.marsh...@g2support.com]
*Sent:* Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:28 AM
*To:* NT System Admin Issues
*Subject:* Showing what process on a server is using the bandwidth

Hi,

Is there a tool anyone can suggest, other than wireshark, that we can use to
show which process on a server is using up bandwidth on the WAN connection?

We’ve narrowed it down to a particular server using the routers bandwidth
table feature. However we now need to find the process. We’ve disabled a
tonne of services but the bandwidth keeps being used up.

Wireshark is great but, while it shows loads of information, it’s virtually
impossible to show anything meaningful that you can show to a non-techy.
Ideally I’d like to be able to show someone how to do this process when the
bandwidth dries up. What I’d also like is, ideally, some kind of output
showing which process is sending how much data to what server.

Currports.exe shows an interesting set of results, nice and easy to use, and
easy for an end user, but one thing it doesn’t show is how much traffic is
being sent to a remote server so we have no way of knowing which of the
processes with external connections is the one at fault.

Olly