Hi,
I might overlook something here but I would just load in the alembic, select the vertex at the position you are after and snap a nuke axis there. If you need it to follow an animation use this script from nukepedia: http://www.nukepedia.com/python/3d/animatedsnap3d

If you have only the camera and the rendering the pointsto3d node is also an option. It even gives you already the animated 2d position.

Best regards,
Michael