Assuming you need to do camera tracking, definitely shoot lens grids for every prime lens and if you have zoom lenses try to shoot grids at regular intervals. If you have the luxury and patience, shooting at different focus distances will help you assess lens breathing. Make sure you have a solid tracking solution, lidar scans help shit loads to camera track things.

Remember that spatial filters like blurs (=glows etc) should be applied with the respective anamorphic aspect as well. Bokehs are egg shaped rather than round. I think Nuke's defocus nodes have to be set to aspect 0.5 rather than 2 to produce the correct shape. I'd shoot out-of-focus reference plates as well to remind yourself and others and possibly even steel kernels from if you want to build your own bokeh effect to match plates.

DOF will be shallower than usual, since the horizontal fov per focal length will be twice as wide, so be diligent with tracker markers. Again, tracking is harder due to all these things.

I wouldn't flatten the footage to square aspect. Working in true anamporphic will help remember all of those pit falls and preserve the lens geometry if you need a decent lens distortion solve in the camera tracking process. I found in the past that flattening plates, then tracking them in PFTrack yielded inaccurate lens models, whereas leaving the distortion and setting up the tracking environment accordingly produced better results.

Don't rely on nodal moves. An anamorphic lens can only be nodal wither horizontally or vertically, i.e. for pans or tilts, but not for both. Have the camera assist mark both of those on the camera rig so the camera can be adjusted quickly if you need to rely on minimal parallax. However, in real life there will be lots of focus pulling and because of the lens breathing nodal moves will be near impossible to get.

Shoot reference for lens flares (mount torch on c-stand and pan tilt the camera to get a feeling for the flares behaviour.

Enjoy the cooler look ;)