Hello,

I have a RotoPaint node that is plugged directly into a card. The card has some
bicubic deformations on it, and it is plugged directly into a ScanlineRender
node. The resulting matte is then used as a Grade mask.

This is an example where I really need to paint fine detail on a matte - I’m
trying to enhance shadows in the background of a shot that has a camera move on
it. All that I want is to be able to look at the output of the Grade node and
see where the points of a spline or paint brush strokes are in relation to the
2D image.

I can see, especially with the paint brush, that Nuke is actually deforming and
adjusting the shape of the brush to account for the 3D transform.

The only problem here is - it’s wrong, and it is maddeningly frustrating.

I know that you can use FrameHolds with Project3Ds and MergeMats in order to
get these to line up exactly, but that is a huge PITA, especially if you have
large camera moves.

Is there a setup that people use where this actually works?