Hi Chris,

Thanks, I've checked the first link before (I'm on Linux). I already tried
alias expansion, but will try again.

When I say "alias", I guess I mean any variable that can be recalled
between logins. So if aliases are specifically for .bashrc then a variable
somewhere will hopefully do the trick.

Michael