As someone once said to me when I was at Avid explaining it's film dissolve...

"So you mean there's a small jump, luminance change, extra grain, dissolve,
small jump, and another luminance change"

If you're lucky you might even see some tape on the edges!

Howard

*A X I S V F X*

The Bottle Yard Studios

Whitchurch Lane