On 8/16/06, Albert Strasheim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello all

> [...]

Maybe SciPy can also do this, but what makes ARPACK useful is that it can
get you a few eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a massive matrix without
having to have the whole thing in memory. Instead, you provide ARPACK with a
function that does A*x on your matrix. ARPACK passes a few x's to your
function and a few eigenvalues and eigenvectors fall out.

Cool, thanks for the info.

--
David Grant
http://www.davidgrant.ca