Hi Chuck,

A few more bits of advice from a local ...

Oakland airport is smaller and closer, so I try to use it when I can.
But SFO probably has more options and isn't too far away.

I prefer Hotel Shattuck Plaza to Hotel Durant.  Shattuck is close to
BART.  So you can get on the BART at either SFO or OAK and get off at
the Downtown Berkeley station and then walk a short block to your
hotel.  Also, Durant is closer to the frat houses, so it can get noisy
at certain times (although, classes should be out so that shouldn't be
a problem now).

Some people prefer to use Airbnb.  If you go that route, I would try
to get something near (or on) Euclid Ave. between Hearst and Marin.
There is a bus line that runs up and down Euclid every 30 minutes.  It
is a pretty and very quiet area (as soon as you get a couple blocks
away from campus).  It takes about 30 minutes to walk from the corner
of Euclid and Marin to BIDS.  It is all downhill to campus.  (I live
near Euclid & Marin and often walk even though I have a bus pass.)
Once you get to Euclid and Hearst (i.e., the Northgate to campus), it
is a short walk (continuing in the same direction) to BIDS.

I am not sure about the hours of the sprint, but I suspect they will
be 9ish to 5ish.

I hope to see you and others soon!

Best regards,
Jarrod