ma, 2018-08-20 kello 10:18 -0700, Ralf Gommers kirjoitti:
[clip]
> Number 1 on my wish list for an alternative is something that's
> either
> hosted or serverless; we always have problems with any server that
> needs
> maintaining. Right now there's on healthy server for
> scipy.org/docs.scipy.org, and I wouldn't want to see that run
> anything like
> Planet or Wordpress.

There are some static site generators, including rawdog (
https://offog.org/code/rawdog/) which apparently is used for
planet.kde.org

Proof of concept:
https://pv.github.io/rawdogplanetscipy/
https://github.com/pv/rawdogplanetscipy/

This has the advantage that it's sort of stateless --- anyone can just
clone the git repository, and it should generate more or less the same
page. Only static web server needed. Probably someone could put it into
crontab and mostly forget about it.

However, it's misuse of github pages to host this there, so some other
static host would need to be found.

Not volunteering to take this into completion, though.

        Pauli