Doesn't the project adopting wording of this kind "pass the buck" onto the maintainers? At the end of the day, failure to enforce our stated policy will be not only the responsibility of the authors but also the reviewers / maintainers on whole. In effect (and just speaking personally) wording like this would make it less likely for me as a maintainer to review PRs with questionable content (potentially avoiding new contributors who are human but not very aware of their tools / are junior / new contributors), because I don't want to be implicated in attesting to the validity of possibly copyright infringing code. I am of course not against the exact wording or the spirit, and the details are probably best hammered out on a PR if we decide it makes sense to try to catch AI generated / assisted work (though I'm not sure we should)..

Perhaps not very related, but at my Uni we recently decided it took too much effort for us to try to make sure no one was using AI tools than to simply *grade*, and I think the same spirit applies here as well.

--- Rohit