Thanks for the information and the paper link, James. I certainly
appreciate the perspective, and now see why the anti-aliasing and
reconstruction filtering might best be left to clients of a
resampling procedure.

Hopefully at least some of the kinks in the spline interpolation (to
date: obligate mirror boundary conditions, extra edge values, integer
overflow) can be smoothed out.
I can't guarantee that I'll have the time or expertise to deal with
ni_interpolation.c, but I'll try to give it a shot some time here.

Zach