On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 3:45 AM, Stéfan van der Walt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Is there any reason why "System Python 2.5" (specifically) is a
>  requirement?

Actually, it's not the System Python 2.5 but the python.org binary.
Installer.app isn't particularly flexible, so we can really only
install to a given location. Consequently, we install a binary for the
Python that we built the package with.

In any case, MacPorts' Python is not a framework build, so the binary
wouldn't work anyways.

>  I run Python 2.5 from macports, so the installer
>  prohibits me from installing NumPy.

MacPorts users' needs are (or should be) served by the MacPorts numpy
package. The installer doesn't prohibit you from anything; it's just
not serving you.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."