On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 11:17 +0200, Sebastian Haase wrote:
> OT:  How do you make a dmg ? Is there a (simple) command line tool for this ?

.dmg is just an iso 9660 file (e.g. a CD "fs"), which is recognized by
Mac OS X as such. It really is not different than mounting an iso on any
unix (you can mount dmg on linux, normally).

To get to your point: hdiutil is the command you are looking for. I
don't have my macbook available right now, and I have not used it for
quite a while, but I guess man hdiutil should give you all the
information you are looking for.

http://www.kernelthread.com/mac/apme/archive/

cheers,

David