Anne Archibald wrote:

They do not appear on my machine (a pentium-M running Ubuntu). I
should point out that they are only actually three distinct errors,
because one of the test suites is being run twice.They are not exactly
subtle tests; they're checking that seterr induces the raising of
exceptions from np.arange(3)/0, np.sqrt(-np.arange(3)), and
np.array([1.])/np.array([0.]).

(resending, I did not see that build logs were so big)

Here are the build logs for 3 configurations (all on r5226):

  - Ubuntu hardy on 32 bits + python2.6
  - Ubuntu hardy on 64 bits + python2.6 (inside vmware)
  - RHEL 5 64 bits + python2.5

None of them show the error. But RHEL (which is arguably the nearest to FC) do not have all the seterr tests, I don't know why: test_divide is not run with RHEL, only test_dividerr is).

Can the error with seterr linked to CPU fpu state flag ?

cheers,

David