On Sep 30, 2008, at 23:16 , Lisandro Dalcin wrote:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Brian Blais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
thanks for all of the help. My initial solution is to pickle my object, with the text-based version of pickle, and send it across rpc. I do this because the actual thing I am sending is a dictionary, with lots of arrays, and other things. I'll have a look at the format that Robert sent, because
that looks useful for other things I am doing.

Did you try to send binary pickles (protocol=2)? Perhaps it works,
give a try! Of course, you need the client and server machines having
the same arch.

I tried that first, and marshal doesn't handle binary streams, so that's when I tried the text version. I'm not sending a lot of info, so it's not that big of a deal. Most of the time is spent on the simulation on the other end.

                        bb

--
Brian Blais
[EMAIL PROTECTED]