David, I think that what Christoph pointed here applies to the msvc
built libraries only (I need to build the whole python/extensions using
msvc).

May I ask you what re the "clashes between extensions" you were
referring to in your previous answer ? Have you already encountered such
issues ?
I'm wondering how it could break things asp roviding libraries in an
unique location is a known and common practice.

Eloi

David Cournapeau wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Christoph Gohlke <cgoh...@uci.edu> wrote:
>
>> Eloi: take a look at <http://bugs.python.org/issue4120>, which contains
>> a discussion on, and a patch for, not embedding manifest files in *.pyd
>> when compiling with MSVC.
>>

> Note that the official binaries are built with mingw, and thus do not
> embed any manifest in the .pyd.
>
> David

Eloi Gaudry

Free Field Technologies