On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 6:09 PM, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 6:19 AM, Gökhan Sever <gokhanse...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> > For the develop, it is one of easiest ways to catch up the bug-fixes
>> even
>> > though I don't work on the source directly. So far besides a few
>> glitches it
>> > was always working. I also install scipy, ipython, matplotlib, sympy and
>> all
>> > other available packages using develop. Keep the checkouts in the
>> directory
>> > on my desktop and if/when necessary do svn up or whichever command it
>> > corresponds to their respective vcs.
>>
>> If you do that, you have to be ready to look into the corresponding
>> issues it brings.
>>
>> > I wonder how other people keep up the
>> > changes easily without using develop option.
>>
>> I just install things, and avoid relying on too many developed
>> versions of packages.
>>
>> David
>>

> Fix comes following your suggestion. Use python install for the time being
> and remove the the check-out after installation. This prevents the funny
> import error even if I don't try to import the numpy from within I made the
> installation.
>
> --
> Gökhan

One interesting thing I have noticed while installing the numpy from the
source is that numpy dependent libraries must be re-installed and this must
be a clean re-install. For instance I can't import some matplotlib and scipy
modules without making a fresh installation for these packages. My attempts
result with a runtime error. Could someone clarify this point? Is this due
to API change in the numpy core?

--
Gökhan