We are looking for a scientific Python developer to work on the design
and implementation of AQR’s proprietary research and production
systems. In this role you will work closely with researchers and
portfolio managers to identify problems and create solutions
addressing speed, scale, and usability. Most of our work goes into
building back-testing infrastructure and other tools for quantitative
portfolio analysis. As part of this you will become intimately
familiar with financial concepts and AQR’s investment philosophy.

Requirements
------------
* Degree in computer science, mathematics, or other technical discipline
* Experience level: recent graduates up to 5 years
* Experience using NumPy and/or SciPy libraries
* Effective problem solving and quantitative skills
* Well organized, detail oriented and able to focus in a dynamic environment
* Ability to discuss and explain involved concepts in both verbal and
written form
* Able to work independently, as well as part of a team

About AQR Capital Management
----------------------------
The founders of AQR were still Ph.D. candidates when they initially
developed the complex financial models that are now at AQR’s core.
Today, AQR Capital Management is a $24 billion asset management firm
employing a disciplined multi-asset, global research process (AQR
stands for Applied Quantitative Research). AQR's investment products
are provided through a limited set of collective investment vehicles
and separate accounts that deploy all or a subset of AQR's investment
strategies. These investment products span from aggressive high
volatility market-neutral hedge funds, to low volatility
benchmark-driven traditional products.

AQR is located in Greenwich, CT, a short commute from New York City.

* If you are interested in applying for this position please submit
your resume to matt.gom...@aqr.com and put "GAARD Candidate" in the
subject line.
* We are an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer.