On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 3:56 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Something is systematically wrong if there are this many problems in the
> numpy.stats docstrings: numpy is supposed to be (was) almost completely
> ready for review; please focus on scipy unless/until the reason why there
> are now so many problems in numpy.stats can be determined (I suspect the
> numpy.stats code has been made to call the scipy.stats.distributions module,
> and all those docstrings have been marked "Unimportant" - meaning do not
> edit - either permanently, in the case of the instances, or temporarily in
> the case of the base classes from which the instances are created).

I ran across several more. missing returns and a little inconsistency
with shape being defined as "shape" or "a" a few other things. I just
stopped posting them to the list

> Bottom line: if it doesn't start w/ scipy, leave it alone (for now).

I had started a simple set of tests for the rand functions to catch
problems like the one resulting from the way the enthought distr. was
calculating randn(), I was just finishing that and making note of what
I say in the docs as I did so. I am moving back to the scipy docs
soon.

Vincent