On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Bruce Southey <bsout...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/23/2011 11:38 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>> Python 3.1 failed to build it due to import error of _inspect module and
>>> Python2.4 failed 'test_iterator.test_iter_broadcasting_errors'. Yet all
>>> tests passed on Python versions 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7.
>>>
>>> Bruce
>>> PS I do want to go through the bugs I indicated but I have not found
>>> sufficient time.
>>>
>>> Python3.1 error:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "setup.py", line 201, in<module>
>>>     setup_package()
>>>   File "setup.py", line 178, in setup_package
>>>     from numpy.distutils.core import setup
>>>   File
>>>
>>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/__init__.py",
>>> line 22, in<module>
>>>     import numpy.distutils.ccompiler
>>>   File
>>>
>>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/ccompiler.py",
>>> line 15, in<module>
>>>     from numpy.distutils.exec_command import exec_command
>>>   File
>>>
>>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/distutils/exec_command.py",
>>> line 58, in<module>
>>>     from numpy.compat import open_latin1
>>>   File
>>>
>>> "/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/numpy-1.6.0b1/numpy/compat/__init__.py",
>>> line 11, in<module>
>>>     import _inspect
>>> ImportError: No module named _inspect
>>
>> This is strange. I checked that numpy/compat/_inspect.py is present in
>> the tarball. What build command did you use, and can you give the
>> complete output of that command?
>>
>> Ralf
>
> Yes, I know that it is there and not sure what is missing!
> The typical way:
> $python3.1 setup.py build

It runs 2to3, but then for some reason decides not to use the output
of that on your system. Is that failing each time? If so, can you look
just above where it is failing, and see what's going on before/after
switching the path. Relevant code is:

    old_path = os.getcwd()
    os.chdir(src_path)
    sys.path.insert(0, src_path)