On 03/23/2011 12:25 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Bruce Southey<bsout...@gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> This is strange. I checked that numpy/compat/_inspect.py is present in
>>> the tarball. What build command did you use, and can you give the
>>> complete output of that command?
>>>
>>> Ralf
>> Yes, I know that it is there and not sure what is missing!
>> The typical way:
>> $python3.1 setup.py build
> It runs 2to3, but then for some reason decides not to use the output
> of that on your system. Is that failing each time? If so, can you look
> just above where it is failing, and see what's going on before/after
> switching the path. Relevant code is:
>
>      old_path = os.getcwd()
>      os.chdir(src_path)
>      sys.path.insert(0, src_path)
>
> Just inserting some print statements to look at os.getcwd() before and
> after and at sys.path may tell you what's going on.
>
> Ralf
>
>> Also I know that it builds with Python3.1 and Python 3.2 with the latest git
>> pull! But I have update nose before I can test it.
I can not figure out what is different between git and this version :-(

All the paths appear to be the same.
Further it continues onwards when I do:
$python3.1 -m pdb setup.py build

I added these lines to the start of "numpy/compat/__init__.py"
import os
print(os.getcwd())

/home/bsouthey/python/numpystuff/tmp6/numpy-1.6.0b1/build/py3k
This is equivalent to the git version.

Unless someone else finds it, I will consider it just my problem and
ignore it.

Bruce