Hi,

On 30 Mar 2011, at 21:37, Bruce Southey wrote:

> Ticket 1071: 'loadtxt fails if the last column contains empty value'
> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/1071
> Invalid mainly because loadtxt states that 'Each row in the text file
> must have the same number of values.' So of cause loadtxt must fail
> when
> there are missing values.

I don't follow the line of argument - see my comment on the ticket.
This covers cases where missing values could always have been
caught by the user - "Converters can also be used to
         provide a default value for missing data:
         ``converters = {3: lambda s: float(s or 0)}``."

The ticket simply addresses the issue that "delimiter='\t'" is treated
differently from other delimiters if (and only if) the missing value is
the last item in the row.

Cheers,
                                                Derek