Hi,

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Robert Kern <robert.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 12:07, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Ralf Gommers
>> <ralf.gomm...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>>> At http://scipy.org/Developer_Zone there's a list of people under a
>>> big header "steering committee". It seems to me that writing such a
>>> letter representing the community is one of the purposes that
>>> committee could serve.
>>
>> Ah - yes - thanks for the reply.
>>
>> In the interests of general transparency - and given that no-one from
>> that group has replied to this email - how should the group best be
>> addressed?   By personal email?  That seems to break the open-source
>> matra of everything on-list:
>>
>> http://producingoss.com/en/setting-tone.html#avoid-private-discussions
>
> Having project-relevant *discussions* on-list doesn't preclude getting
> someone's *attention* off-list.

Yes, that's true.   My worry was that, having put the question on the
list, and not had an answer, it might send a bad signal if it was
obvious that I had only got a reply because I'd asked for one
off-list.

> I can't speak for the rest of the group, but as for myself, if you
> would like to draft such a letter, I'm sure I will agree with its
> contents.

Thank you - sadly I am not confident in deserving your confidence, but
I will do my best to say something sensible.   Any objections to a
public google doc?

See you,

Matthew