On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think anyone suggested that doctests should replace unit
> tests; it's a bit difficult to see why that discussion started.

The conversation started because array([True], dtype=bool) changed to
array([True], dtype='bool') or something along those lines.  A
reasonable expectation is that eval(repr(x)) should produce x.  An
unreasonable expectation is to expect the repr string to remain
exactly the same over versions (as doctest does).

So, while there seems to be a simple solution in this case, I don't
think the change was unreasonable or wrong.

Regards
Stéfan