On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Jean-Baptiste Marquette <marqu...@iap.fr>wrote:

> Le 13 nov. 2011 à 20:19, Ralf Gommers a écrit :
>
> I am pleased to announce the availability of SciPy 0.10.0.
>

> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for this great job.
> I've run nosetests on my Mac (64-bit 10.7.2 build on EPD) which fails on
> the following test:
>
> test_definition (test_basic.TestDoubleIFFT) ... FAIL
> test_definition_real (test_basic.TestDoubleIFFT) ... ok
> test_djbfft (test_basic.TestDoubleIFFT) ... python(60968) malloc: ***
> error for object 0x105435b58: incorrect checksum for freed object - object
> was probably modified after being freed.
> *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
> Abort trap: 6
>
> The exact same issue was just reported on scipy-user, thread "test issues
with 0.10". Can you please move the follow-up over there?

What compilers did you use? And do you know if EPD was built with the same
compilers?

The error looks the same as the problem we still have with scipy.sparse
under 64-bit python 2.7 (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1523),
related to the Apple Accelerate Framework being broken. The problem doesn't
exist on OS X 10.6 though, so it could be Apple broke it for 10.7 or it
could be compiler related.

Ralf