Hi,

27.02.2012 20:43, Alan G Isaac kirjoitti:
> On 2/27/2012 2:28 PM, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
>> ISO specifies comma to be used in international standards
>> (ISO/IEC Directives, part 2 / 6.6.8.1):
>>
>> http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=10562502&objAction=download
>
> I do not think you are right.
> I think that is a presentational requirement:
> rules of presentation for documents that
> are intended to become international standards.

Yes, it's an requirement for the standard texts themselves, but not what
the standard texts specify. Which is why I didn't think it was so
relevant (but the wikipedia link just prompted an immediate [citation
needed]). I agree that using something else than '.' does not make much
sense.

--
Pauli Virtanen