> Bump for: https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/351
>

> As requested by njsmith, I gave a more detailed explanation and asked
> the list for input at:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg38306.html
>
> There was one qualified negative reply and nothing (yet) further. I'd
> appreciate if some other devs could weigh in.

I can see the point of your proposal, but I don't think we can just change the
behavior of genfromtxt quite like this.  I'm not an expert on the genfromtxt
code, so I don't know if I exactly understand what is changing and what is
staying the same.

>From the look of the patch, it looks like you are changing the interpretation
>so that whereas headers used to be allowed in the "first-line" of the comment,
>they would no longer be allowed like that.  I don't think we can do that,
>because it breaks code for someone without a path for change.

Now, we could add another keyword (headers=True, for example), that interpreted
the first non-commented line as the header line.    Something like that has a
much higher chance of getting accepted from my perspective.

Best,

-Travis