Both scipy and numpy require GSOC

> candidates to have a pull request accepted as part of the application
> process. I'd suggest implementing a function not currently in scipy that
> you think would be useful. That would also help in finding a mentor for the
> summer. I'd also suggest getting familiar with cython.
>
> Chuck

Thanks a lot for the heads-up. I am yet to be familiarized with Cython and
it indeed is playing a crucial role especially in the 'special' module

> I don't see you on github yet, are you there? If not, you should set up an
> account to work in. See the developer guide
> <http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/>for some pointers.
>
> Chuck

I am present on github but the profile at present is just a mark of humble
mistakes of a beginner to open-sourcing, The id is
https://github.com/jennystone.
I hope to build upon my profile.

Jennifer