On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.har...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to mark current PR's for inclusion in 1.10.

Good idea. If you're going to do this, it may be helpful to create a new
1.10 milestone and keep but clean up the "1.10 blockers" milestone so there
are only real blockers in there.

> If there is something that you want to have in the release, please mention
> it here by PR #.I think new enhancement PR's should be considered for 1.11
> rather than 1.10, but bug fixes will go in.

Assuming you mean "no guarantees for anything that comes in from now on",
rather then "no one is allowed to merge new enhancements PRs before the
release split" - makes sense.

There is some flexibility, of course, as there are always last minute items
> that come up when release contents are begin decided.

I had a look through the complete set again. Of the ones that are not yet
marked for 1.10, those that look important to get in are:
- new "contract" function (#5488)
- the whole set of numpy.ma PRs
- the two numpy.distutils PRs (#4378, #5597)
- rewrite of docs on indexing (#4331)
- deciding on a bool indexing deprecation (#4353)
- weighted covariance for corrcoef (#4960)

There are too many PRs marked as "1.10 blockers", I think the only real
blockers are:
- __numpy_ufunc__ PRs (#4815, #4855)
- sgemv segfault workaround (#5237)
- fix for alignment issue (#5656)
- resolving the debate on diagonal (#5407)

Ralf