On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.har...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The failed tests require pyrex, fortran, and swig. The refcount error
> comes and goes, probably the test isn't very good.  Ralf, is there any
> reason to keep the various extension building tests? They are very old.

There are f2py tests that are useful - if they fail then building anything
else with f2py fails as well. However those are all in f2py/tests/ IRRC,
not in distutils/tests.

> I don't know what the recommendation on using nosetests is,

Don't use it (it definitely gives test errors due to not having the
knownfailure plugin), use either runtests.py or numpy.test().

> but probably it is finding too many tests.

It's doing its job here in finding these though. It looks like these tests
need either fixing (the extensions aren't built) or removing. I'll have a
look tonight.

Ralf