On 29/06/16 21:55, Nathaniel Smith wrote:

Accelerate is closed, so when we hit bugs then there's often nothing we
can do except file a bug with apple and hope that it gets fixed within a
year or two. This isn't hypothetical -- we've hit cases where accelerate
gave wrong answers. Numpy actually carries some scary code right now to
work around one of these bugs by monkeypatching (!) accelerate using
dynamic linker trickiness. And, of course, there's the thing where
accelerate totally breaks multiprocessing.

Yes, those are the cons.

Apple has said that they don't consider this a bug.

Theoretically they are right, but from a practical perspective...

Sturla