Hello Jim,

Thank you for the helpful hints. I did some experimenting as you suggested and
here's what I found in my installations.

For my Eaton (ex-MGE Powerware) E5115 UPS boxes I added this line to the
respective UPS section in "ups.conf":

override.battery.voltage.nominal = 36

Now the battery meter in 'upsstats' shows voltage levels and 'zones' that make
sense.

I noticed a curious by-product of that change to a E5115 UPS monitor that was
reporting "Replace Battery" even though the attache UPS has had it's batteries
replaced and charged within the past few days. Once I added that override line
and restarted the NUT daemons that "Replace Battery" warning in 'upsstats'
disappeared. Previously nothing seemed to change/update that "Replace Battery"
message.

My E5115 UPS boxes use the 'bcmxcp_usb' driver.

I also used the override for an APC Smart-UPS 1000 that does not have a
SmartCard. That UPS would report a nominal voltage of 48 volts even though it
can only support 2x 12 volt battery blocks inside the case. After the override
addition that chart looks good for batteries that are just a few months old.

This APC Smart-UPS 1000 uses the 'usbhid-ups' driver. Perhaps one day I will
purchase an APC SmartCard.

The override adjustment makes no difference to the battery meter display in
'upsstats' for an Eaton Ellipse ES1500 UPS using the 'usbhid-ups' driver. That
UPS does not report any voltage levels, just the UPS' own idea of battery
charge percentage and 'upsstats' shows a meter for that percentage.

/Jeff/