Hi Rodrigo,

2006/6/7, Rodrigo Ventura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I have a MGE Evolution 3000 connected via USB to a linux server (HP
Proliant G3). The server is running kernel 2.4.30 and nut-2.0.3. But
before nut trying to connect to the UPS, I guess HID doesn't work as
long as I get a message like this in dmesg:

usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=4, Product=136, SerialNumber=50
usb.c: USB device number 2 default language ID 0x409
Manufacturer: MGE UPS SYSTEMS
Product: Evolution
SerialNumber: AF3G03062
usb.c: unhandled interfaces on device
usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x463/0xffff) is not claimed by any active
driver.

this is only an informational message, not an error.

So the kernel correctly identifies the device as a HID class, but the
hiddev dev refuses to "claim" the device.

What's happening here? How can I fix this?

though we've activelly participated in hiddev developments, we've
decided to cut this branch and only rely on userspace code, through
the newhidups NUT driver. This last relies on libusb, and doesn't need
hiddev anymore. With the added benefits that it's able to run on non
linux platforms. Finally note that the legacy hidups NUT driver will
be removed when NUT 2.2 is released.

Arnaud