On 07/05/2006 04:57 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
if you are willing to try a devel version, you can rebuild / tune the src.rpm available at http://wdl.lug.ro/linux/rpms/nut/ the binaries are generated on a centos 4 but the same src.rpm can be used on centos-3. I have no FC no test, but I see no reason it would not work.

This should be the final followup. Everything is working as expected now.
I was able to use the src rpm from the above site. The binary rpms had
a dependency on a version of an snmp library that wasn't installed that
was fixed by doing an rpmbuild to make new binary rpms. The other important
issue is that these rpms don't installed the udev rule file needed to
access the usb port as 'nut'. (If you hadn't previously installed nut, I am
not user if the 'nut' user will exist, so you might also need to do that.)
the postinstall script takes care of creating the user "nut"
You can copy the file scripts/hotplug-ng/nut-usbups.rules.in to
/etc/udev/rules.d/nut-usbups.rules . You will probab;ly need to create
the rules.d directory. rules.d and nut-usbups.rules can be publicly
readable and should be owned by root. In nut-usbups.rules you need to
substitute @RUN_AS_USER@ with nut .
Thank you for the info. I will update the rpms to include/execute the udev rules.