On 2/23/07, A.Lizard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 02:34 AM 2/23/07, you wrote:

Is it possible to simply get the usbhid-ups driver so I can replace
newhidups without replacing the nut 2.0.5 version I have installed?

2.0.5 and the trunk are probably close enough so that this will work,
but this is not guaranteed in general.

The
hotplug-ng scripts I was referred to from v2.0.5 (I originally installed
the Debian package version, then grabbed a tarball and expanded it so I
could find the scripts) appear to call for the usbhid-ups drivers.
[...]
# Belkin - usbhid-ups
SYSFS{idVendor}=="050d", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0980", MODE="664",
GROUP="@RUN_AS_USER@"

Actually, that's just a comment. The hotplug-ng/udev scripts only
affect the device nodes like /dev/bus/usb/<bus>/<device>.

--
- Charles Lepple