Arnaud Quette wrote:

I'm not an apc knowlee (and really don't want to become, really!), but it may have something to do with the smart more detection (sending 'Y' or ESC then 'Y' it seems).

have you seen anything with your hyperterm?
you will possibly have to dig a bit to get more info.

btw, I've found that:
http://www.nabble.com/APC-Cable-940-1525-td20503786.html

This link above is the key I think - this is exactly the UPS I have and
judging from the the comment "new SmartUPS units that use a new
proprietary undocumented protocol" and "however APC has refused to
provide any protocol details", things do not look good.

I would be very happy to do what I can to provide more details, but this
UPS is in active service, so testing would have to be sporadic.

Back to the APC software I guess...

Regards,

Richard