On 11/08/2012 20:48, Chris Rees wrote:
On 11 August 2012 20:29, Martyn Hill <martyn.joseph.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 11/08/2012 20:24, Chris Rees wrote:
On 11 August 2012 19:14, Arnaud Quette <aquette....@gmail.com> wrote:

2012/8/11 Chris Rees <utis...@gmail.com>

On 11 Aug 2012 13:03, "Martyn Hill" <martyn.joseph.h...@gmail.com>
wrote:
(...)

My FreeBSD 8 appears to be running/linking against libusb20 - the 'new'
one...
We killed the old one a long time ago ;)
not sure of what you exactly mean here!
libusb 0.1 is still avail in FBSD 9:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=libusb&stype=all

Update: while reading the comment on  libusb1.0 website [1], I now
understand why you're using "2.0"!

"FreeBSD 8 and above include a FreeBSD-specific reimplementation of the
libusb-1.0 API, so your applications will probably work there too. The
source code for this library can be found:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/lib/libusb/";

but still, your "killing" comment leave me in a doubtful state ;)

Oops, haha, sorry, that's right; we didn't kill it, just switched
default, and loads of ports needed modification over it.

Do we know how to 'use' the legacy libusb 0.1 in FreeBSD?
As Arnaud pointed out, they're still there; including usb.h uses the
libusb 0.1 compat layer.

So, does that mean I would need to recompile nut, but link it against libusb 0.1 compat layer?

If so, how would I go about that?

Thinking this could be an issue, I have a Raspberry Pi here too,
running Debian; I'll have a go to see if it makes any difference.
I must confess to being totally hopeless with Linux, having not used
it properly in a long time.  My attempts to run blazer_usb result in
inability to detach kernel driver.

http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/scratch/blazer-rpi.txt

Worth a try though.

Chris

--
"There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those
who don't."