On Apr 14, 2013, at 2:02 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
But that is still an issue of libusb,not NUT, correct?
I can upgrade openwrt on my router ...

On 14.04.13 15:57, Charles Lepple wrote:
It does seem that it is a libusb-1.0 issue, yes. They may not be aware of
it, though (since it probably only comes up when dealing with broken USB
descriptors like on your UPS).  Before bothering to upgrade, check to see
if they have a newer libusb-1.0, and then we can see if they might have
fixed this.

Are there any test tools that come with libusb-1.0? The libusb-0.1 source
tree had a tool that was like a miniature lsusb: it would print some
descriptor information, but not much else.  I don't know if many
distributions packaged that.  If there is such a tool for 1.0, that would
make a great test case to confirm that the problem is in libusb-1.0.

after further checking, it seems that the issue lies in
"libusb_compat - 0.1.4-1" present in current OpenWRT trunk.
After moving to OpenWRT 12.09 containing "libusb - 0.1.12-3" the UPS is
detected just fine.

Detected a UPS: EATON/Protection Station 800

I'm getting other error:

libusb_get_interrupt: Connection timed out

but this may be standard process, is it?

now I wonder if nut could support libusb-1.0 (does it?)

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete