On 12/25/2016 9:25 AM, Larry Fahnoe wrote:
My environment is a little different, but I'm seeing at least the client
working without issue on CentOS 7.

On CentOS 7.2 I also used the epel repository and installed nut-client;
currently nut-client-2.7.2-3.el7.x86_64   The only configuration change was
to update the /etc/ups/upsmon.conf file with the appropriate MONITOR
statement.  Other than that, normal enabling and starting the service was
sufficient to have it work properly.  The CentOS systems are installed from
the minimal image and have a small set of KVM virtualization packages
installed.  In my environment, the nut server runs on a Raspberry Pi, so
only the client is needed on the other systems.

--Larry

Thanks Larry. I'm not sure what's different with my system then. I've installed
both "nut" and "nut-client" (as shown below). The service that is failing to
start is "nut-server.service". If you're not running that, then that is probably
why you're not seeing this problem.

I think one of the NUT configuration/control files is supposed to create this
directory when it starts, but that's not happening. Is it possible this is a bug
in the NUT package on CentOS?

Thanks,