On 03/04/17 22.11, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 03 April 2017 14:13:08 Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

Back on the mailing list, where such belongs.

[cuuut]

We want the ALARM that the nut driver is
generating, and upsd is passing on - to be acted on in some way by
upsmon.  Which NOTIFYCMD is run when there is an ALARM?

[cuuut]
I dont think any NOTIFYCMD is run when there is an ALARM Stuart.

I've not read the docs in ages, but if there isn't something mentioned in
a man upsmon, I would be unpleasantly surprised.

According to my copy, it does a -wall (warn all) by default, and it looks
like REPLBATT is one such message, and the default time for a repeat is
12 hours.  The -wall type message shows on every open terminal on the
system's network, so someone should see it.  From the upsmon.conf file:

[cuuuut]

           Possible values for type:

           ONLINE
               UPS is back online

           ONBATT
               UPS is on battery

           LOWBATT
               UPS is on battery and has a low battery (is critical)

           FSD
               UPS is being shutdown by the master (FSD = "Forced
Shutdown")

           COMMOK
               Communications established with the UPS

           COMMBAD
               Communications lost to the UPS

           SHUTDOWN
               The system is being shutdown

           REPLBATT
               The UPS battery is bad and needs to be replaced

           NOCOMM
               A UPS is unavailable (can’t be contacted for monitoring)

ALARM is not mentioned, so I suppose NUT only reacts to the Online message it
gets?

JonB