> There is one potential problem that I see -- Nutch plugins require
> explicit JAR references. If you want to switch between algorithms you'll
> need to either put all Carrot2 JARs in the descriptor, put them in
> CLASSPATH before Nutch starts or do some other trickery with class

Only available in the trunk, you can also now define some inter-plugins
dependencies
using plugins identifiers instead of explicit jar references. These
dependencies are then
checked for availability and added to the classloader at runtime.
Take a look at analyze-fr and analyze-de plugins that depends on
lib-lucene-analyzers.
You can also notice, that now, for instance all plugins depends on the
nutch-extensionpoints plugin.

For instance, I recently notice that many plugins import a log4j.jar.
It would be a good idea to define a lib-log4j plugin, and add a dependency
on this plugin for
each plugins that import log4j.jar in their lib (of course, we must take
care of the log4j version used)

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/