> I'm reluctant to move the extension interface away from the parameter
> and return value classes used by that interface.

I'm reluctant too... I asked, in case someone has a magic idea...

>   Could we instead add a
> super-interface that all extension-point interfaces extend?  That way
> all of the extension points would be listed in javadoc as
> implementations of this interface.

+1 ... Committed.

One more question about javadoc (I hope the last one):
Do you think it makes sense to split the plugins gathered into the "Misc"
group
into many plugins (such as index-more / query-more), so that each sub-plugin
can be dispatched into proper Group. Another solution could be to use in
these
plugins different packages for each extension it provides.

For instance, for the language-identifier plugin, we can be split it in the
following plugins:
* language-identifier
* parse-lang
* index-lang
* query-lang

Or simply refactor it into the following packages:
org.apache.nutch.analysis.lang
org.apache.nutch.parse.lang
org.apache.nutch.indexer.lang
org.apache.nutch.searcher.lang